PENGUIN WADDLE KIDS RUN
The Penguin Waddle course is 1 mile long and takes runners through the Fairplex.
Packet pickup opens at 7:00 am on Saturday, December 9, 2017 at the Health & Fitness Expo
Penguin Waddle Wave Start Times:
9:45 am- 10-12 years old wave
10:05 am- 8-9 years old wave
10:25 am- 7 and under wave
We recommend arriving 30-60 minutes before the wave start time.
- All 1,000 registered participants will receive a finisher’s medal, a numerical bib, and a finisher’s certificate.
- The event is FREE to children twelve and under.
- Runners are encouraged to dress in holiday themed costumes for the Costume Contest before the races begin.
- Kid’s Run will start in age group waves from 10:00 am -11:00 am.
- Kid’s Run starts and finishes at the same place where the Holiday 5K starts and finishes, adjacent to the Expo Festival.
- Runners are invited to bring an unwrapped toy to donate to Toys for Tots.
With the growing popularity of the event we want to make sure that we can accommodate as many kids as possible. We ask that if your plans change and your child cannot attend the Penguin Waddle Kids Run please let us know. If you cancel your registration or notify Run Racing that your child will not be participating, their spot will be given to another child on the waiting list.
The Penguin Waddle Kids Run course starts and finishes in the Main Plaza of the Fairgrounds at Fairplex. The Fairplex is located at 1101 W McKinley Ave, Pomona, California 91768. There is a $10 parking fee.
Registration is free and on a first come, first serve basis. Please let us know if your child is unable to participate so we can open the slot up for another runner.
All Penguin Waddle participants must have a waiver signed by the participant’s parent or legal guardian in order to pick-up their race packets. If the participating child will be accompanied by an adult other than their parent or legal guardian, please download the waiver below and send it with them or your child will not be able to participate.
Click here to download the waiver.
PARENTS ON THE COURSE
We understand that many parents want to run with their kids during the kids run. Unfortunately, we ask that parents do not accompany their child(ren) during the run.
- The kids run course is monitored by medical, event staff and completely safe.
- You will be able to see your kids at numerous points of the course.
- We will make sure all kids are safe and start the race after talking with them about safety and how to run the mile course.