Get a Running Start on the Holiday Season With The Holiday Half Marathon
Snow at the start line and a snowflake medal at the finish, even the Grinch likes snowflakes. Get into the spirit of the season at the Holiday Half Marathon on Sunday, December 14th. Dress up and win a prize in the Dick’s Sporting Goods Costume Contest or just enjoy the views along our beautiful course through Bonelli Park and around Puddingstone Lake.
The Half Marathon starts and finishes at Fairplex So Cal, home of the LA County Fair and encompasses the beauty of the Pomona Valley. The scenic course takes runners through various parts of the Fair and then heads right down the world famous Auto Club Raceway at Pomona– currently hosting Auto Club NHRA World Finals. It then leaves the fairgrounds and heads out into the beautiful Frank G. Bonelli Regional Park, around Puddingstone Lake. The last 3 miles are back on the Fairgrounds going past the Historic Trains near the Flower Garden Pavilion – and the Wally Parks NHRA Mortorsports Museum before finishing in the central plaza.
Reasons to Run the Holiday Half!
- Every runner gets a technical race shirt
- Every participant is awarded a Snowflake Finisher Medal when they cross the finish line (a different snowflake every year)
- Get in shape for the Holiday Shopping Dash
- Burn calories so you can eat that Holiday feast!
- The race is on Sunday, December 14, 2014 and will start at 8:00 am.
- The course time limit for the Half Marathon is 3 hours and 45 minutes
- The Half Marathon course is USATF sanctioned and certified.