Snow at the start line and a snowflake medal at the finish makes this is a unique Southern California race. Get into the spirit of the season at the Holiday Half Marathon on Sunday, December 10, 2017.
The Holiday Half Marathon starts and finishes in the main plaza of Fairplex So Cal, home of the LA County Fair. Runners do a small neighborhood loop before heading towards the oldest venue on the NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series circuit, the Auto Club Raceway at Pomona. After a quick sprint down the drag strip (mile ~3.5), runners will exit the fairgrounds and head toward Frank G. Bonelli Park. On the way, they will pass the Brackett Airfield, home to Air Force Auxiliary Squadron 64. Miles 5 through 10 provide beautiful views of Puddingstone Lake and challenge runners with gently rolling hills. The return trip takes runners back by the airfield, once more down the drag strip, and into the fairgrounds for a fast finish.
Click here for detailed course information.
Click here to download the course map.
Reasons to Run the Holiday Half!
- Every runner gets a technical race shirt with a holiday design
- Every participant is awarded a Snowflake Finisher Medal when they cross the finish line (different snowflake every year)
- Less guilt when indulging in holiday treats!
- Live music and (1) complimentary beer in the festival area
Quick Facts about the race
- The Half Marathon is on Sunday, December 10, 2017and will start at 8:00 am (the Holiday 5K is on Saturday)
- Students Run LA will start at 8:30am
- The course time limit is 3 hours and 45 minutes
- The course USATF sanctioned and certified