How do I register?
- All registrations must be done online.
What is the deadline for online registration?
- The deadline for online registration is midnight, Wednesday, December 6, 2017.
Can I mail a registration form in?
- All registrations must be done online.
Can I register on race morning?
- Onsite registration will be available at the Health & Fitness Expo on Saturday, December 9 at The Fairplex. Please click here for expo hours and information.
How do I know if I am registered?
- You can confirm your registered events via your Active Passport.
Can I switch from one event to another? (E.g. from the 5K to the half marathon)
- You will be able to move up or down in events via your Active Passport. There is a $10 fee to switch and refunds for moving to a less expensive event will not be provided.
Can I transfer my bib to another person?
- We do not allow person-to-person bib transfers.
Can I register and/or pick up my race packet on race day?
- Race morning bib and shirt pick-up is only available to the 5k and Kids Run participants. Half Marathoners must attend the expo on Saturday, December 9th to pick up race bib and shirt. A photo ID will be required.
What are the minimum age requirements?
- The recommended minimum age for the Holiday Half Marathon is 12 years old
- The Penguin Waddle Kids Fun Run is 12 years old and under only
- There are no age restrictions for the Holiday 5K
When and where can I pick up my race items?
- It is mandatory for everyone participating to pick up their race packet, race shirt and bib at the Health & Fitness Expo on December 9, 2017. We do not mail race items out.
Can someone else pick up my race packet?
- Someone else can pick up your registration materials if you cannot attend. They must bring a copy of your driver's license or photo ID and a release waiver signed by the participant. (This is mandatory to pick up another participant's bib).
Driver’s license or photo ID: can be a smart phone picture.
Release waiver: absolutely must be printed out, click here for the waiver.
If I am not able to attend, can I receive a refund or transfer my registration?
Entry fees are NON-REFUNDABLE unless Allianz Global Assistance was purchased during registration.
All race entries are NON-TRANSFERABLE.
Is there a group discount policy?
- If you are part of a running club or running group, please contact us for information about a group discount.
If the Golden Snowflake Challenge is sold out and I register for the 5K and half marathon separately, will I still receive the Golden Snowflake Challenge medal?
- You must be registered for the Golden Snowflake Challenge in order to receive the special medal.
If I am part of the Penguin March Club, where do I pick up my special items?
- You will pick up your medal, pin or sweatshirt up at the Health & Fitness Expo when picking up your other race items.
How many people are you anticipating at this year's events?
- We are anticipating 6,000 in the Holiday Half Marathon, 2,000 in the Holiday 5K and 1,000 in the Penguin Waddle Kids Run.
What times do the races start?
Saturday, December 9
8:30 am Holiday 5K Run/Walk
9:45 am Penguin Waddle Kids Fun Run Waves begin
Sunday, December 10
8:00 am Holiday Half Marathon
8:30 am Students Run LA Start
Can I start the race early?
- No early starts will be allowed.
Where are the water stations located? Where are the medical stations located?
- Please click here for Holiday Half Marathon course details. Click here for Holiday 5K course details.
What type of chip and timing system do the events use?
- The Holiday Half Marathon and 5K will be using a B-tag timing system. The timing chips will be attached to your bib. Do not remove your chips from the back of your bib!
Does the Holiday Half Marathon or Holiday 5K offer prize money?
- Please visit the Awards & Prizes page for more information.
Does the Holiday Half Marathon or Holiday 5K offer age group awards?
- First, second and third place in each age division of the Holiday Half Marathon and Holiday 5K. More information can be found here.
Do you provide a pace team?
- The Holiday Half Marathon is proud to partner with the So Cal Pacers Running Club to provide pacers at the following times 1:30, 1:40, 1:45, 1:50, 2:00, 2:10, 2:15, 2:20, 2:30, 2:40, 2:50, 3:00, 3:20
What is the course time limit?
- Holiday Half Marathon - 3:45
- Holiday 5K - 1:20
Where is the start and finish line?
- The start and finish lines for all events are located in the main square at Fairplex So Cal. Signs from the parking lot will direct you to the event area.
Will there be food and/or drinks at the finish line?
- There will be post-race fluids and food provided to all race participants at the finish line. Additional food and beverages will be available for purchase in the Health & Fitness Expo. Participants in the Holiday Half Marathon who are 21 years+ enjoy one free beer in the Michelob Ultra Beer Garden. Anyone of age may purchase additional beers.
Where are the restrooms located?
- The Fairplex So Cal has multiple public restroom facilities near the start/finish line. Public restrooms are also located throughout Frank G. Bonelli Regional Park beginning at mile 2.
Do you offer personal item storage?
- Personal item storage will be available near the start and finish line area. We do not recommend that you store any valuables. Bags and tags will be provided at the personal item storage tent.
Can I enter two events?
- Yes, for more information on the Golden Snowflake Challenge, click here. If the Golden Snowflake Challenge is sold out, you can still sign up for both events, but will not receive the Golden Benefits.
Where do I park?
- Parking will be available at Fairplex So Cal. Enter from Blue Gate 9 Lot located off of White Avenue.
- Parking is $10.
- Parking tickets purchased on Saturday are valid for use on Sunday!
Where can I see my race results?
- Results will be available in the Health & Fitness Expo area after the races have started and will be available here online by 6:00 pm on race day.
What if my results are incorrect?
- Please click on the "Result Correction" button on the results page and follow the instructions. The timing company staff will correct your time as quickly as possible. Results are unofficial until labeled as Official Results.
- Please do not contact Run Racing directly with results or timing inquiries.
Do you provide finishers certificates?
- Finishers certificates will be available for download on Marathonfoto.com once the official photos are posted. An email will be sent to you after the race when they become available
Do you provide a family reunion area?
- We suggest that you pre-plan a meeting area in an obvious location at Fairplex So Cal with family and friends. The area is large and spacious and it is easy to find a meeting spot.
Can I walk the event?
- Yes, you can walk the Holiday Half Marathon or the Holiday 5K. Please note the course time limits below.
- Holiday Half Marathon - 3:45
- Holiday 5K - 1:30
Are strollers allowed?
- Yes, strollers are allowed. We encourage stroller runners and walkers to start near the back and allow the faster participants to clear the start line area.
What streets are closed on race day?
- Please email us for a listing of street closures and alternatives ways to come and go in your neighborhood.
Who is the official event photographer?
- The official event photographer is MarathonFoto.
How can I volunteer for the race?
- We are always looking for good volunteers! Please go to the Volunteer Page on this website for more information.
What is the race date for 2018?
- The 2018 Holiday Half Marathon will be held Sunday, December 8, 2018.
- The 2018 Holiday 5K Run/Walk and Penguin Waddle Kids Run will be Saturday, December 9, 2018.